"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12
Matt. 9:36 – “When Jesus saw the crowds, He had compassion on them, because they were harrassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.”
Throughout Jesus’ ministry we find example after example of Him having compassion on individuals who had a need. As God's children, we are asked to carry on this same ministry of showing compassion to those who need assistance.
Some of the duties of the ICC Compassion Committee are as follows:
1. Calling on people who are in the hospital, nursing home, or who are homebound.
2. Taking cards and flowers to those who have had surgery.
3. Taking communion to those who are unable to come to church.
4. Ordering flowers for funerals.
5. Coordinating funeral dinners for those who have lost loved ones.
6. Helping to care for the needs of people who may be temporarily out of work.
7. Preparing and delivering food baskets to those in need at Christmas and Thanksgiving.
8. Responding to any other needs that are brought to our attention.
If you would like to help serve in this ministry, or if you have a need that we can assist with, please contact us at (541) 534-2201.